NO MORE is a national movement to raise awareness and engage bystanders around ending domestic violence and sexual assault. It has one simple but powerful message: together we can end domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse.
It’s time to break down the barriers of stigma, silence and shame that keep people from talking about these issues and taking action to prevent them.
We invite you to join us and help raise awareness about domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse in our community. Take the NO MORE pledge and share with everyone that you know. Facebook it. Tweet it. Instagram it. Let your voice be heard.
Take the photo pledge! Download our NO MORE sign and write why you say NO MORE.
Please share your support. Take a picture with your NO MORE pledge and spread the word on Social Media. Post your photo pledge to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Use #nomoretahoe and tag @tahoesafealliance
Take one more step and be an Ally. There are many ways for you to support the work that we do and make a difference in the life of a survivor. Through a financial gift of just $25, $50 or more, you will ensure that community members have access to resources that will help keep them safe and services that will empower them through the healing process and help them live violence-free lives.
- $25 provides 1 hour of counseling on our 24-hour crisis line
- $50 provides on support group session for 10 women
- $125 provides counseling for one child for 1 month
If you are not able to make a donation, you can choose to be an Ally by volunteering. Time is often one of the most important gifts an individual can give. To learn more, click here or send and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Can You Do?
Everyone can play an active role in stopping domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse before it occurs by becoming an engaged bystander and helping to establish an environment where healthy and positive relationships are based on respect, safety, and equality.
- Break the silence. Start a conversation with family, friends, and colleagues to get the point across that these issues are serious and that many people we love have been affected by violence and abuse.
- No more excuses. Speak up when you hear offensive comments that degrade women, men, or victims of abuse.
- If someone you know discloses that they are experiencing abuse now or have in the past, reassure them that you believe them and that the abuse was not their fault.
- Make sure that your friends know whom to call to get help. Tahoe SAFE Alliance is your local domestic violence and sexual assault agency.
- Use social media to discuss the problem of domestic violence and sexual assault. Use #nomoretahoe in your conversations.
- Create or participate in anti-violence campaigns in schools or communities.
Let’s break the silence around domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse by keeping the conversation going. Please sign up for our email newsletter using the form below and receive NO MORE progress updates and other agency news, events, and information.