The Tahoe SAFE Alliance philosophy is that all people have the right to a life without violence, and we believe the best time to stop violence is before it begins. The Prevention Program provides prevention education to children and teens in schools and in the community. We provide age-appropriate material on child abuse prevention, dating and intimate partner violence, sexual assault, self defense and sexual harassment.
Our Prevention Program provides violence prevention education in English and Spanish to local school districts, businesses and organizations in North Lake Tahoe and Truckee including:
- Kindergarten Yello Dyno Safety Program
- 1st grade Bullying Prevention Education
- 2nd & 4th grade Hands Are Not For Hitting Program
- 3rd grade Stranger Awareness Program
- 5th & 6th grade Bullying/Sexual Harassment Prevention Education
- 7th grade Dating and Intimate Partner Violence Prevention Education
- 8th grade Sexual Assault Prevention and Healthy Relationships Education
- High School Sexual Harassment, Dating and Intimate Partner Violence and Sexual Assault Prevention, and Healthy Relationships Education
- Internet Safety Education is offered to all grade levels
- Girls and Boys Groups are offered at all levels of education to empower youth by addressing topics such as respect for oneself and others, leadership, self esteem and healthy relationships. Activities include creative outlets, discussion, educational materials and team building initiatives
- Sexual Harassment in The Workplace Trainings are offered to meet federal law, protect employers and businesses from potential claims and to create a safe and healthy work environment.
- Personal Safety and Empowerment Classes are available to all individuals to help improve instincts and awareness, use assertive communication and body language to prevent a situation from escalating and learn physical self-defense techniques.
- Adult Education Seminars are offered on Intimate Partner Violence Prevention, Sexual Assault Prevention, Bullying Prevention, Healthy Relationships Education and Internet Safety to parents, educators, business owners, employees, or any adult audience.
Join The Movement
Join the movement to end violence in our families, communities and interpersonal relationships. Help us in our fight in Stopping Abuse for EVERYONE! Donate. Volunteer. Find out how you can make a difference.