Mountain Rose Safe House 90-day Program
The Mountain Rose Safe House is a comforting and welcoming temporary refuge for adults and their children who are threatened by abuse in their home. The Safe House is more than just a roof over your head, it is a 90-day empowering and supportive program offering, counseling, education, advocacy, referral, and support. Tahoe SAFE Alliance goal is to provide a safe place to stay, while residents begin to develop a future plan of action.
The 90-day program can shelter up to three families. Tahoe SAFE Alliance provides shelter, food, and day to day living essentials, allowing the families to save money towards independent living.
Transitional Housing Program
Tahoe SAFE Alliance launched the community’s first Transitional Housing Program on July 1, 2011. Often referred to as second-stage housing, it is designed to provide qualified clients with longer-term living assistance including help with rent, furniture, utilities, and food. This program is an extension of the Mountain Rose Safe House Program and residents will have access to therapy, support groups, parenting and financial literacy classes, and case management.
You can help make a difference in the lives of women and children that need a safety net. It costs $1,000 to provide safe shelter for 3 women and their children for one month. Please consider a donation today!
For more information on either of these programs, please contact the Residential Program Manager at: 530-582-9117 or email email@example.com
Tahoe SAFE Alliance will not discriminate against anyone based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or disability.
Safe House/Transitional Housing Program Wish List
Want to make a donation to the Safe House? Donating any of the following items will help us tremendously toward making a happier and healthier living environment. In an attempt to bring a sense of cleanliness, order and harmony to the Mt. Rose Safe House, we hope to obtain new items as opposed to recycled items. At this time we are not accepting clothing donations.
2017 Wish List:
- Plates, bowls, glasses, cups, knife set, cookie sheets, mixer
- Tupperware (will only take new items)
- Ninja Blender
- Electric kettle
- Keurig Coffee maker with coffee refills
- Trash bags, dishwasher soap, paper towels,
- Cleaning products (multipurpose cleaner, Pinesol, Windex mops, sponges, brooms, mops, etc.)
- 3 flat screen TVs (between 33”-39”) with wall mount
- 4 DVD players
- Twin mattresses protective covers (10)
- 10 twin size down comforters or warm blankets
- New twin size sheet and pillowcases and comforters: 10 total
Room #1: 4 sets of same color
Room #2: 4 sets of same color
Room #3: 2 sets of same color
- Bathroom Essentials: Trash can, shower curtain, shower rings, bathroom mats, toothbrush holder, soap dispenser
- Toilet scrubber
- New towels and washcloths
- Ironing Board
- Laundry products (laundry detergent, bleach, fabric softener)
- Patio Furniture
- Storage shed
- Pet friendly: project grabbles, cement, and chain-link door to divide area, doggy door.
- Pet Supplies: leashes, food, collars, kennel, cat tower, chew toys and any other essential pet supplies.
- Grocery store gift cards: Safeway, Save Mart, Costco, Target, Walmart, Amazon, New Moon, etc.
- Gifts Cards to Chevron or 76 gas station
- Gift Certificates to Local Beauty Salons
- Massage gift certificates in the North Lake Tahoe/Truckee area
- Family passes/tickets to local events, activities, and recreation
- Children’s school supplies
- Batteries (assorted sizes)
- 2017/2018 Appointment Calendars
- New baby bottles
- Energy efficient light bulbs
- Toiletries- perfume, deodorant toothpaste, toothbrushes, cleansers, lotion
- Paper goods (toilet paper, paper towels, liquid soap)
- Medicine: Cough medicine (adult and children), Ibuprofen, Infant Tylenol
- Strider bike
- Bike Chariot
House Repair & Maintenance
- Gutter replacement
- Exterior & Interior Paint Job
- Repair or replace backyard fence
- Replace Entry Door
- window treatments for 8 windows
- 3 closet doors
Office Wish List
- Cubicle divider walls
- Wall brochure holder
- Tall coffee table
For any other question please feel free to contact Lizeth Nicklin, Residential Program Manager, at (530)-582-9117 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide Safehouse residents with assistance, support, and peer interaction. You will educate residents on a wide range of life skills, helping them cook healthy food, study for school, and facilitate art therapy, form budget plans, or practice using computers. Bilingual volunteers are encouraged. We are always looking for individuals who are “handy” and “good with tools” to help with minor repairs!